From producing media and managing data to modeling expert performers and designing and delivering performance-improvement interventions, I can provide a full array of services to help your customers learn about your products and services and your employees work more productively together.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTS
- B.A., Psychology, University of Oregon, 1989
- Certification and coursework — coaching (Steven Covey’s group); behavioral modeling (David Gordon, Dr. John Grinder, Dr. Michael Hall); instructional design (Dr. Ruth Colvin Clark, Performance-based Equipment Training); project management (Project Management Institute prep certification test courses); Neuro-Linguistic Programming (Communications Training): Practitioner, Master Practitioner, Instructor; and Breakthrough Team Start-up (Performance Resources, Inc.).
- Non-profit public relations (2 years) — writing and production of a quarterly newsletter with a distribution of 50,000, local media appearances, writing press releases, conducting facility tours, coordinating events, and presentations to civic groups and donors.
- TQM implementation (2 years) — worked with an organizational consultant to learn Disney’s creativity and visual planning methodology and Deming’s Total Quality Management approach. We used these methods to prepare the organization for a successful operation-expanding capital campaign to move the business to a new location.
- Management Analyst (3 years) — worked directly with the CEO and the various division and department heads within a state-run workers’ compensation organization to provide Hoshin Planning reports, monthly internal progress updates, quarterly board reports, and the organization’s annual report.
- Performance consultant (15 years) — responsible for assessing performance, creating performance interventions, coaching individuals and teams, developing and delivering instruction, managing training operations, and monitoring compliance with safety and quality training requirements.
- ISO 9001:2000 Implementation — documented training processes, automated tool certification tracking, and developed goal progress reporting that was available on-demand at the individual level, the department and division levels, and the organizational level. We passed our audits, met the standard, and received certification in 2007.
- Course conversion (traditional classroom to online) — converted classroom presentations into web-based, on-demand learning courses for key safety training requirements.
- Learning Mangement System (LMS) implementation and data migration of over 100,000 learning events and 7,000 learners’ transcripts. Upkeep of the LMS between three locations to create a unified training record for each learner and ensure that proper safety certification and quality standards were maintained.
- Book publishing, distribution, and sales (3 years) — responsible for managing a 19-product catalog of books, CDs, and DVDs. Sold products via company Web store, Amazon store, and back-of-the-room sales at professional training events.
- Web media/courseware production — interviewing, recording, editing, and producing podcasts, video clips, and text for websites and training materials. Proficient in Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, and Audition. Some experience with Illustrator, InDesign, and After Effects. Have experience with multi-media development tools such as Articulate Presenter, Lectora, and Camtasia.
- Social media — experienced Facebook group moderator and community builder (Idaho Birding, since March 2016).
- Automobile photography (July 2017-February 2019) — photographed automobiles for sale online. Photos appear regularly in Autotrader, Craigslist, CarGurus, etc.
- Strong audio, photo, and video editing and capture skills (30-plus years)
Toastmasters International Member (first joined Toastmasters in 1991) — with Boise Club 6, 2015-2019.
Facebook Group Administrator for Idaho Birding (Since March 2016) — monitor group admission and activity, organize or advertise external member engagement events like picnics, classes, and birding walks. Conduct online engagement activities such as photo and identification games, birding quizzes, puzzles, and birding resources.
Work Sample: Online Member Engagement/Data Management Project
As an administrator for the Idaho Birding Facebook group, during 2018, I organized and ran a year-long member birding game. The objective of the game was for each player to post a photo of one or more new Idaho wild bird species each week for the entire year. There are around 300 species that breed in Idaho and 100 more that stop in as they migrate through our state.
The game helped the group double its membership in a year and proved to be a great activity for helping players to learn about new species, discover new birding areas in Idaho, share birding experiences with each other, and learn to ethically photograph wild birds. At year’s end, the group had collectively identified 254 different wild bird species and submitted 1,877 separate entries. Take a look at the public game database here (opens a new tab)
Books In Process
Impromptu! How to Speak Well When You’re Put on the Spot
The Betterer’s Path: A Model for Turning Tragedy Into Triumph and Pennies Into Fortunes